March 31, 2008

"Tutes"


Yesterday, I visited with two students, Taree Mackenzie and Simon McGlinn to talk about their current projects at the Victorian College of the Arts (VCA).



Both students were curious to know about Portland, and the Social Practice program and we probably spent half the meeting talking about how The M.O.S.T. makes collaboration work for us.

Simon showed me some video documentation of various electrical sculptures he's made in collaboration with some other students. Taree and I talked about how she's built moving projectors for her projects but that she wants to try something different, and is researching the Situationists for inspiration.

I ended up sending both of them an email afterwards containing links to the current Brainwaves show at Exit Art, dorkbot pdx, the PSU websites and a variety of other things.

I had a great time doing this, and was thankful to my hostess, Lisa, for setting up the opportunity for me to meet with them.

No comments: