October 1, 2007

Guinness Ice Cream

For our first Post- Monday Night Lecture Series dinner, I made volumes of salad and some ice creams. I feel like I never eat enough friuts and vegetables, so this was a good excuse to spend a lot of time preparing some. Ice Cream is a Mostlandian delicacy, and so I tried a couple of recipes. One of my favorites to make is Earl Gray, and for the other one, instead of buying everyone beers, I decided to put beer in the ice cream. I thought that baked apples would go well with the sort of bitterness of the beer ice cream, and I wanted to have something in my meal that was fall-like without being squash.

Here's a link to the place where I got the Guinness ice cream recipe:
http://icecreamireland.com/2006/04/17/guinness-ice-cream/

2 comments:

clipper fleet said...

Katy, the dessert was sooo good, thank you! And the salad with the sugary walnuts, to die for.

snackbar said...

twas delicious katy!!! when can we have some more?